That's it, we've dropped the C word. But with less than 100 days to go, get ready to hear it a whole lot more.
If summer is done (which it probably is), it might be time to reset your goals, the focus of incredible abs (we wish) changes to bulk mode. Trying to add a few pounds of muscle before the new year is upon us.
So this is a little guide of how to maximise your size gains.
1. Set Clear Goals Before you embark on your journey to get jacked for Christmas, set clear and realistic goals. Whether it's adding size to your biceps, increasing your bench press max, or adding 10lbs of weight; having a target in mind will keep you motivated and focused.
2. Create a Solid Workout Plan Consistency is key, so design a workout plan that works for you. Include a focus on strength training but don't totally forget any form of cardio, and make sure it's something you enjoy. If you're totally new to training then get a training partner or a PT even if for a short period of time.
3. Get Your Recharge Fitness Gear Santa's elves are known for their craftsmanship, and so are we! Invest in quality Recharge Fitness gym equipment to enhance your workouts. If you have some decent kit at home, it removes the excuse of not having to go out to get to the gym when the cold sets in.
4. Fuel Your Gains Don't let the holiday feasts derail your progress. Prioritise lean proteins, complex carbs, and healthy fats to support muscle growth. This is going to be seriously important, bulking can become an excuse to eat anything and everything. You will need a calorie surplus to gain weight, but make sure it's sensible. Start by adding an extra 250-500 calories a day and see how your body reacts, then push it up.
5. Stay Hydrated Keep your body well-hydrated. Water is essential for muscle function and recovery, especially during intense workouts. This won't help you gain muscle, but it's just plain good behaviour.
6. Prioritise Recovery Sleep and food. Sleep and food. It's straight forward but not easy. If you are training like a beast and want to max those muscle gains, aim for 7+ hours a night (or 24 hour period).
7. Lift Heavier and Smarter Progressive overload is your ticket to gains. Gradually increase the weight you lift to challenge your muscles, but always prioritise proper form to avoid injury. More weight, more reps, or less reps. Play around with this, but ensure each workout you are making micro gains.
8. Mix It Up Variety keeps things interesting and helps prevent plateaus. Add new exercises to your routine, explore different workout styles, and surprise your muscles with the unexpected. Don't be afraid to join a friend for a different type of workout every now and then. It'll be great fun and will work your muscles in different ways.
9. Stay Accountable Share your fitness goals with a friend or workout buddy. Accountability goes a long way in staying on track, especially during the holiday season when temptations abound.
10. Embrace the Festive Spirit It's still 3 months off, but don't forget to enjoy the holiday season! Yes, you're on a mission to get jacked, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun too. Balance is the key to a healthy and happy holiday season, so put the work in now over the next 8 weeks, to then earn a bit of well earned time off over Christmas.
So, there you have it—the Recharge Fitness guide to getting jacked in time for Christmas.
Ah we said it again, Christmas, too soon? Yes, far too soon. However, now is the time to get a quality lean bulk on, so that you come into the season in the best, strongest shape of your life. Let's go Recharge fam.